FACILITIES OF ORTHODONTICS
COMPREHENSIVE ORTHODONTIC TREATMENT
- Consists of brackets, bands, wires and elastics. Metal wires are inserted into orthodontic brackets (braces), which can be made from stainless steel or a more aesthetic ceramic material. The wires interact with the brackets to move teeth into the desired position.
REMOVABLE ORTHODONTIC TREATMENT
- Appliance that is not fixed to the teeth but can be removed by the patient. Tooth movement with removable appliances is achieved by repositioning of the individual tooth or by extrusion and intrusion.
FUNCTIONAL JAW ORTHOPEDICS
- Children and teenagers are ideal candidates for Functional jaw Orthopedics. Because the jawbone is soft and still growing, a young patient’s smile and jaw relationship is particularly receptive to re-alignment. In addition to enhanced aesthetics, a straighter smile also offers significant health benefits including improved speech and better access for oral hygiene.
CLEAR ALIGNER THERAPY
- Clear aligners are the most versatile and convenient choice among all orthodontic treatments. Made of a clear, flexible material, orthodontic aligners are comfortable, virtually invisible and removable, making them a popular choice for adults and teens who are seeking a more discreet approach to straightening their teeth. Clear aligners treat the same bite and alignment issues that traditional metal braces do, without the brackets and wires.
CLEFT LIP & PALATE TREATMENT/NASOALVEOLAR MOLDING (NAM)
- It is a nonsurgical way to reshape the gums, lip and nostrils with a plastic plate before cleft lip and palate surgery. Pre-surgery molding may decrease the number of surgeries your child needs because it makes the cleft less severe. It reduces the cleft inside the mouth by minimizing the gap in the upper lip also improves the nasal contour by lifting and narrowing the nostrils. Surgery is done after the molding is complete, when your child is around age 3 to 6 months. NAM is used mainly for children with large or wide clefts, and has greatly changed cleft repair.