FACILITIES OF PATHOLOGY
- Lecture hall situated on first floor named after our late beloved Professor Dr Abdul Razzak Memon. This hall is air conditioned and can accommodate 350 + students. It is equipped with multimedia projector, PA system, overhead projector and slide projector.
- Histopathology laboratory is also equipped with multimedia projector for demonstrating the gross and microscopy lesion and after that with the help of glass slides with the help of Nikon and Olympus binocular microscopes help our students for understanding the pathology on microscopic level. Efficient and able staff help faculty in selecting slides and responsible for keeping the microscopes in working conditions.
- With the adoption of new modular system of medical teaching which has replaced the old conventional way of demonstrating the slide preparation & staining techniques, this laboratory has only historic purpose left.
CLINICAL PATHOLOGY LABORATORY
- This lab is used to teach and demonstrate the sessions regarding the clinical pathology. Equipped with multimedia system, AV system and over head projectors. Allied staff help the faculty for the teaching aid required for the specific session.
LEARNING RESOURCE CENTER
- A new addition in the arsenal of pathology department is learning resource center. The basic concept in the inception of LRC is unique, which is to make available, gross specimen, microscopic slide fixed in microscopes, gross and histopathology atlases available for the students on running module under one roof. Attendant and one faculty member for the assistance of our students will be available on rotation basis.
- Museum houses hundreds of rare specimens, it is now in process of renovation. After completion of the renovation work executed after the inception of JSMU and vision of our worthy vice chancellor this will not only have finest specimen back to life but also the machines and laboratory equipment we used in the diagnostic work will also be on display.