VISION, MISSION & GOALS
- Pharmacy is a highly challenging and rewarding profession. The Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences at the Jinnah Sindh Medical University established with the vision to provide innovative and transformative learning experiences to improve the health and healthcare services in Pakistan.
- Worldwide trends in pharmacy education have been changed. Drug-oriented pharmacy has now given way to patient-oriented pharmacy. The IPS is adapting to this changing trend by incorporating innovations in clinical applications, latest research in pharmacy, and modern drug development process into its curriculum.
- It is the mission of Institute to develop exceptional, innovative and diverse pharmacy leaders and scientists in this modernize pharmacy era. In Pakistan, IPS promotes and commits the health and well-being of the community, and also provides high quality professionals to the industrial and healthcare sectors to raise its practicing standards.
Vision and Mission of Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences reflect the core objectives of Institute that defines the unique identity and character.
- To enhance the standard of healthcare through excellence in pharmacy education, patient care, and research.
- To produce highly competent pharmacists with in-depth knowledge of science and practice of clinical, industrial techniques and research backgrounds.
- To use information technology to access and manage knowledge, evaluate statistically, and to integrate evidence from scientific studies into practice.
- To foster professional competence and life-long learning in students.
- To help students contribute to the profession and society by demonstrating qualities of professional care, teamwork and leadership.
- To teach students to communicate and interact effectively with patients, other healthcare professionals, and the community.
- To prepare students to identify the challenges confronting the field of pharmacy; determine effective means of responding to these challenges.
- To impart skills and attitudes including interpersonal communication skills and personal attributes as self-awareness and an innovative mindset; and.
- To be leaders in education, research, practice, and services.
The goal of Pharm. D education at IPS, JSMU has been modernized according to key standards of Pharmacy education.
- The quality and extent of our academic programs.
- Integration and Synergy of Research and Education.
- An indispensable Partnership of Students, Faculty and Staff.
- Excellence in every endeavor.
- Cultivating Strong, External Collaborations with industry, hospitals and community.
- Embracing diverse perspectives, beliefs and cultures.
- Celebrating Scholarship, Achievements and Successes.
- Serving for the Greater Good of Society.
- A passion for Discovery and Learning.