Advance Studies and Research Board (ASRB)
According to the section 5 of sub-section ‘Schedule (First Statues)’ of Chapter VII (General Provisions) of Jinnah Sindh Medical University Code book, there would be an ‘Advance Studies and Research Board’ (ASRB). The structure and functions of the ASRB would be as follows:
- (i) the Vice Chancellor, who shall be the Chairman;
- (ii) the Deans;
- (iii) three University Professors other than Deans to be appointed by the Syndicate;
- (iv) three University Teachers having research qualifications and experience to be appointed by the Academic Council; and
- (v) the Professors Emeritus.
- The term of office of members of the Advance Studies and Research Board other than ex-officio members shall be three years.
- The quorum for a meeting of the Advance Studies and Research Board shall be one-half of the total number of members, a fraction being counted as one
- (4) The functions of the Advance Studies and Research Board shall be—
- (a) to advise the Authorities on all matters connected with the promotion of advanced studies and research in the University;
- (b) to propose regulations regarding the award of research degrees;
- (c) to appoint supervisors for research students and to determine the subjects of their thesis;
- (d) to recommend panels of names of paper setters and examiners for research examinations after considering the proposals of the Board of Studies in this behalf; and
- (e) to perform such other functions as may be prescribed by the statutes.