MISSION & GOALS
To coordinate and promote the research and scholarly activities of JSMU faculty, staff, and students by:
- Promoting a culture of innovation, discovery, and scholarship within the specialized program/profession.
- Fostering research collaborations with key partners (both internal and external).
- Strengthening the existing research infrastructure to provide enhanced support services.
- Leading the strategic research initiatives of the University.
- Fostering technological innovation for enhanced healthcare facilities.
- Developing, maintaining and communicating best practices and policies in medical research.
- Supporting and recognizing the faculty, student, staff and institution to bring visibility to their research contributions and accomplishments.
- Build upon our existing research and scholarship strengths through collaboration and innovation to advance medical knowledge and healthcare delivery in the region.
- Develop protocols and procedures to ensure high-quality medical research and technological innovation.
- To hold regular capacity building workshops for training of emerging researchers and students.
- Enhance and strengthen research infrastructure in collaboration with key partners within and external to JSMU.
- Support/enhance translational research and innovation.
- Foster and expand research collaboration network in the medical sciences community.
- Become a nationally recognized institution for primary care research and knowledge generation and transfer.
- Promote social entrepreneurship and innovation in medical healthcare delivery to address indigenous health issues of our society.