PROGRAMS OFFERED BY COLLEGE OF NURSING
Bachelors in Nursing (BScN)
Keeping in view the lack of quality nursing and increasing demand of nursing professionals we intend to offer a program that will enable us to a accomplish the required quality and quantity of registered nurses in Pakistan. The following programs will be conducted which are as followed;
Program Of Study:
Jinnah Sindh medical university has started a program in bachelors of Science in nursing which is based on 4 years. The objective to start this program to provide is to a platform where higher education has been offered which meets the international standards.
|Duration of course||4 years|
|Semester Duration||16 - 18 weeks|
|Credit Hours||124 - 136 credit hours of course work|
|Number of courses per semester||4-6 (not more than 3 lab/ practical courses)|
|Internship||1 year internship program|
- Qualification: FSc/A level(pre-medical) minimum 50% marks in physics, Chemistry and Biology as compulsory subjects.
- Age limit: 18-35 years.
- Domicile: Sindh.
- Gender: Male and Female both can apply.
Selection will be based on open merit.
Note: Hostel facility is not available.
Masters in Nursing Sciences (Educational tract):
Keeping in view the need of “Nurse Educators” we intend to introduce a program that will help us to generate expertise in the field of nursing education. Our program will enable nurse educators to inculcate the modern technology in teaching nursing students and to foster innovations in nursing practices.
Program Of Study:
Jinnah Sindh medical university has started a program in masters of science in nursing (educational tract) to create qualified nursing educators in nursing department.
|Duration of course||02 years, 4 semesters, 47 credits|
|Semester Duration||18 weeks(minimum teaching 16 weeks, exams 2 week)|
|Course Duration||Minimum time limit of 2 years for full time students and maximum of 4 years for part time students. (As per HEC guidelines)|
|Course load per semester||12-14 credit hours|
|Level of Program||Level-7 as per Pakistan Qualification Framework (PQF) of HEC|
- 04 years Generic BScN Program
- 02 years Clinical Experience including one-year internship
- Valid registration with PNC
- 3 Years General Nursing Diploma that is RN
- One Year Midwifery Diploma or Post- Basic Specialty Diploma
- 2 Years Post RN BScN Degree Program
- 2 Years Clinical Experience (preferred teaching experience)
- Valid Registration with PNC.